So I have stayed here for 2 months. how much is the basic living cost of Melbourne?
Here are the approximate daily essential expenses:
- Rental (for a 2 bed room apartment) :AUD 44
- Transportation (Assuming you are staying in the Zone 1, cost will raise when staying in Zone 2) :AUD 3.4
- Food & drink (3 basic meals a day): AUD 20
- Utility (Water & Electricity): AUD 5
So , by doing nothing, you need around AUD$72.4 (~ USD61.54) a day to live in Melbourne city.
So you need to at least earned AUD 2300 (USD 1955) a month from your day job if you wanna survive in this city.
I am not sure about other countries, but in Singapore, it is roughly as below:
- Rental (2-bedroom flat): SGD 40
- Transportation: SGD 4
- Food & Drink : SGD 15
- Utility: SGD 4
Daily total: SGD 63 (~ USD 41)
These are all very basic livng cost, excluding alcohol, weekend dinners, entertainment etc.
Looking at this, well…work harder buddy.