When I first started looking into automated trading system development, particularly in currencies trading, Metatrader is always one of the candidates. The main problem with Metatrader , in my opinion, is without reputable broker. No, not another debate about Forex brokers. When your account grows bigger you will have more concerns over these issues.
Back to ATS, one of the reasons I like Metatrader is that there are full of free resources (craps as well) around the internet. Here are some links that I’ve found over the past weeks during my program development.
- Historical Data Importing by earnforex
- MQL4 tutorials by Coderguru
- Tricks to set up email alert in MT4 by newdigital (in forex-tsd)
- MQL4 documentation by MQL4.com
- OrderSend() magic number mystery by Coderguru
- Hosting multiple Expert Advisors in Metatrader by Coderguru
- Metatrader development course
Enjoy! And Happy New Year. Here is to a prosperous 2009.